My name is Bobby Hinson and I have a passion for creating effective and engaging digital experiences.
I started my journey in the early days of the dot-com boom. And have since worked as a web designer for high-volume production shops, served as graphic designer, web developer and consultant for a variety of freelance clients and taken on the roles of both creative director and technical director.
I'm currently the experience architect for an Atlanta-based e-retailer, where I've won a Stevie Award and the company has consistently move up the rankings in Internet Retailer's Mobile 500.
What can I do for you?
I bring to the table more than just the typical designer or developer skillset. Yes, I can create a logo, produce a print ad or design an interface. And I can code a responsive website and stand up a Drupal CMS. But I can also develop an information architecture, lead a project, articulate a strategy, interpret analytics, sketch a wireframe and plan a multivariate campaign.
This fusion of creative and analytical perspectives affords me the ability to approach a problem from several different angles, as well as speak natively with the many different groups who may be involved in a project.
Relevant Skills (weighted by relative experience)
- Axure RP
- Marketing Automation
- Information Design
- Agile Development
A selection of my work
The Four C's...
Consult - Conceive - Create - Continue
Several years ago, I developed an idea called the Four C's of Creative Development. It provides a high-level outline of the end-to-end process of how I approach any project.
It's not groudbreaking but it does include some nuances that many may otherwise overlook.
- Understand business strategy and goals
- Identify problem(s) that need to be solved
- Determine KPIs. How is success measured?
- Conduct market and user research
- Develop user-centric flow
- Create high level assets (IA, Wireframes, etc)
- Build and test prototypes
- Finalize Design
- Build Product (app, website, etc)
- Publish and promote
- Track and analyze performance
- Compare results against expectations and current market trends
- Adjust and iterate to yield continuous improvement